My Worst Snowday

Write about your best or worst snow day

     The worst snow day that I ever had was back in the winter of 2015-16. There had just been a huge snowstorm which left behind almost 4 feet of snow so we were given almost a full week of snow days. On the first day, my dad and I shoveled the driveway. After we finished, my dad headed back inside, but I decided to play in the snow for a while. As I'm sure almost everyone who has seen at least a couple inches of snow on the ground knows, the snow on your lawn is perfectly smooth after a snowstorm. I thought it would be fun to climb onto that smooth snow. After a few minutes, I managed to crawl to the middle of our lawn. However, as I attempted to stand up, my weight proved to be too much for the snow which caved underneath me. I was buried in the snow a little past my elbows. After a few minutes of struggling, I realized that I was stuck and that there was no way I could get out by myself. Luckily, my dad came out to check on me because he was wondering why I still hadn't come inside. After he realized what had happened, he grabbed a shovel and got me out. In the end, I was stuck in the snow for nearly half an hour.

Comments

Popular Posts