Night in the Woods

Write a response based on the picture(night in the woods, someone is holding a flashlight)

     I ran, never looking back. I knew he was coming. I knew what would happen if he found me. I could see the light from his lantern in the distance, swinging ominously on creaking handles, throwing it's menacing beams everywhere. "There! Up ahead!" I gasped to myself. I was almost at the woods; I could lose him in there. I ran, never looking back and never stopping. Eventually I came to a stop, relieved beyond thought that I had escaped. Suddenly, I realized that something was wrong. Even though the woods were fairly thin and sparse I could not see the light from his lantern. Something we wrong. All of a sudden the lantern flared back on. The light was coming from...behind me!
If anyone had been within a half mile radius, they would have heard the bloodcurling screams emanating from the woods.

Joe Halman was reported missing the next day. His body was found a week later, what was left of it.

Comments

Popular Posts